SMAC is present on all engineering protection markets. SMAC has more than 60 years experience in the design and manufacturing of engineered rubber parts.
The R&D department creates innovative solutions using most modern calculation and simulation tools
RUBBER COMPOUND FORMULATION
SMAC make its own rubber compounds (more than 200 compounds), some of them are qualified for space and aircraft applications. SMAC compounds are manufactured with highly selected materials according with our tracability policy.
Formulation of our own elastomeric materials such as SMACTANE®, SMACSTIC® and SMACSIL®, etc.
Our organization, flexible and reactive, is entirely turned toward Customer’s satisfaction.
SMAC is ISO 9001, EN 9100 and AQAP 2110 certified. SMAC is ISO 14001 (step 2) certified
SMAC ADVANCED MATERIALS
• More than 200 proprietary compounds, aerospace qualified compounds
• SMACTANE®: high damping elastomer family
• SMACSIL®: medium damping elastomer family
• SMACSTIC®: low damping elastomer family
• SMAC STEALTH: anechoic elastomer family
SMAC also uses polyrethane and epoxy resins for cabling and special RTV silicone for space applications.
Standard & Custom Material Development
• Proprietary materials: SMACTANE®, SMACSIL®, SMACWRAP®
• Material evolution following application & environmental conditions
• Material applications: watertightness, structural damping, …
• Development according to requirements (WLF master curves)
• Adapted mechanical properties to specific requirements
• Static, dynamic & viscoelastic properties knowledge
• Specific properties/Ageing: physical ageing, oil resistance, chemical
agents resistance, adhesive properties (ISO std)
• Physico-chemical analysis (DMTA, DSC, TGA, TFIR, NMR, etc.)
THE IN SITU LABORATORY
One of the strength of SMAC solutions is the in situ laboratory (stactic & dynamic tests) to test products performances.
TESTS & CONTROL
• Dynamical tests: shock & vibration tests
• Hydrostatic tests: with a pressure testing tank (fresh water)
• Static tests: With a MTS machine for static tests
• Characterization tests: on elastomers or composite materials
• Climatical tests: with climatic rooms (heat/cold)
Control of mechanical performances (tensil test, peeling, hardness, rheometric tests, electrodynamic shaker, etc.)
• All delivered parts conformity
• From identified components to delivered parts
• Optimum traceability during production process