APPLICATIONS and Benefits
- Cured version: damping for composite structures, acoustic purpose following mechanical stresses, impact & splintering protection composites parts
- Uncured version: flexible terminaison of a composite structure, flexible liaison between two composite parts
- Excellent stability-to-weight ratio
- High reliability of damping material
- Compliant with — FAR 25 853(a)(1)(ii) & FAR 25 856 F part VI
- Used in combination with CFRP, GFRP, thermoplastics & meta
- Pressure Sensitive Adhesive (PSA) available one side or two sides
- Uncured range available
The composite damping material SMACWRAP® consists of a lightweight & a high damping viscoelastic material. It is compatible to curing of prepregs or pre-impregnated composite fiber processes. A self-adhesive layer can be att ached on the elastomer to ease the installation. This product has been engineered to significantly improve behavior under impact and to reduce sound characteristics & structural vibrations.
The composite damping material SMACWRAP® is also available in an uncured version providing either a flexible terminaison of a composite structure or creating a flexible liaison between two composite parts. This version is vacuum bag and autoclave compatible.
SMACWRAP® is delivered in rolls .
You have an immediate project or you want more information about this solution ? Let us know how we can help
- 0.12 mm Thickness
- 130 gr/Sqm